[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - The New NEW Avengers
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 The New NEW Avengers 
Too much time on my hands

Post The New NEW Avengers
Time to get as geeky as possible. I've seen this in threads elsewhere, but not here so I'm doing it anyway. Imagine that you have replaced Bendis as writer of the New Avengers. You've been given the option to start the series over entirely. Any Marvel characters will be yours to use. What is your Avengers team? If you want to include pretty pictures, here is the link to Micro Heroes. It's fun to just poke around in there and see what they look like anyway:

Have fun with it. Get as crazy as you want (Bendis did). Use a theme if you want (Bendis didn't). Have it make no sense if you want (Bendis-- Do I even need to do this part?). I'll put my New NEW Avengers team up in a bit.

-Matt

Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:01 am
Profile WWW
Ticket Taker on the Darkside Express

I wanna see a NON-NORTH AMERICAN TEAM!! Just one single small one, kicking around with a mini and shit

Lead by this guy in a gruff military fasion

Also starring the "bitter that other heroes get the attention" guy below

The "Don't mention ze War" guy

The token "Is he or isn't he gay" guy

The guy that could steal the show

And a character who's killed each issue only to be replaced by a new guy in the outfit

Also gotta include the break out star of the Invaders "mini" series

And let's throw in a chick for balance

I'd buy that :) hell I'd love to write that (if I wasn't busy writing as Bruce-666 ;) )

Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:01 pm

Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:21 pm
Profile WWW

The Leader (Iron Man):

The Muscle (Wonder Man):

The Reformed Villain Trying To Make Amends/Fighter (Taskmaster):

The Resident Uber-Being/Superman Rip-Off (Sentry):

The Cool Looking Batman-type (Moon Knight):

The Smart-Ass/Hey, Bendis Ignored Continuity Enough So Let's Forget That He Died Character (Hawkeye):

And The Chick That Would Leave the Other Book/s She is In Behind Unlike Wolverine (Jean Grey):

Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:45 pm
Profile WWW
Ticket Taker on the Darkside Express

Any book that had Moon Knight AND Taskmaster in it would get my cash

Isn't Jean dead??

No wait she's alive

No-no wait she's dead again

Oh now she's alive

Well that didn't last long ;)

Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:12 pm

LOL yeah, I ignore any book with "X" in the title so I don't really know what Jean's current status is. I know that she's died a few times and come back each time so it won't matter if she is dead. Either way, any X-character other than Wolverine would make more sense.

Taskmaster would be awesome as an Avenger I think. In reality, he isn't that bad of a character. He just tends to cross the Avengers and others, but mostly, he just teaches people how to fight. He's a businessman :D

-Matt

Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:22 pm
Profile WWW
Under Carder

Magneto - Reformed villain/Potential future enemy

Iron Man - Most powerful Sapian alive.

Black Panther

White Queen - Reformed villain/Potential future enemy

Nightcrawler

Backstory: Dr. Doom hates mutants. His goals have constantly been thwarted by those Fantastic fools, and to make things worse, mutants have recently become the majority of the world's population, and sapians are gradually becoming fewer and far between. Doom feels that he has to take it into his own hands, and along the way he isn't afraid to use the very species he despises the most.

Dr. Doom captured and manipulated Dr. Charles Xavier until he could use him and his powers to do his work. While Xavier was under influances not of his own, Doom had him infiltrate the mind of Wanda Maximoff to manipulate her mind and use her abilities in Doom's favor. Doom used this to erase up to 70% of the world's mutant population, along with about half the world's Sapian population. In the process, the Scarlet Witch died, and Xavier went into a coma.

With his daughter dead, Xavier in a coma, and most of the world's mutants and humans either dead or dying, Magneto has taken it upon himself to put together a team capable of putting an end to Doom, his team, and his insane goal to destroy all mutants, even if it means also saving a few sapians. Magneto, the man who spent his whole life trying to bring mutants into power, now faced the task of locating the world's remaining mutant population in hopes of finding a group that could provide him with the backing he needs.

What Magneto didn't anticipate was that he would need both fellow mutants AND a few special sapians if he hoped to take down Doom and his group of traitorious mutants. The White Queen was the first he found at Xavier's mansion, and Emma was a valuable pick up due to her abilities. Frost was reluctant to join Magneto, but her choices were few considering the death/disappearance of her husband Scott Summers when the orders were carried out.

Next was the sapian The Black Panther, who heard about Doom's involvement in the "massacre", and voulenteered himself to the cause on the condition that Magneto also seek out an acquaintance of his. It was luck that he came together with Magneto and Emma. The Panther was in Wakanda, and was one of the sapians that was spared. Through the grapevine he heard of the Scarlet Witch's death, but had no idea that this team was being put together, or that Doom used Xavier to do it. He came to the Mansion knowing Xavier would be able to locate Magneto, but little did he know that Xavier would be the one missing, and Magneto would be the one he found. He wanted to join, but on the condition that they seek out an old acquaintance.

The next time we see them we see Stark Towers. Magneto says "I hope we're not here for who I think we're here for". Of course, they WERE there for who he thought they were there for ... Tony Stark. Magneto was 100% against the addition of Stark, because in the absence of mutant ability, Stark's industry was behind the design of the weapons and technology that had previously been used by sapians against mutants. "I'm not responsible for who buys my products. I'm merely a manufacturer."

Magneto doesn't like it, but he reluctantly obliges when the Black Panther reiterates that 70% of the mutant population and 50% of the sapian population had already been destroyed, with a great chance that they would be coming for the rest in no time. The newly formed team fly out to Wakanda to plan their attack on Doom and his treacherous mutants. As they enter their base in Wakanda they are met with a huge mass of energy. Nothing is solid, its just a big mass of energy going in a million different directions. Suddenly it all comes to a halt and there is nothing there. Until they hear a noise behind them and turn around to see Nightcrawler who proclaims his allegance to stopping Doom.

So what we have is a strong mutant personality in Magneto, and a strong sapian personality in Iron Man. Magneto is leading the charge, but Iron Man is kind of like an equal. They both need eachother to have a shot at taking down an ultra powerful Doom, but you know there will be some clashing along the way. Emma Frost's life is in disarray as her husband and children are all missing. The Black Panther doesn't seem to have any personal ties to this situation on the surface, but for some reason he is drawn to this cause, and is very passionate about it. Nightcrawler has seen his former teamates decimater, either dying or disappearing altogether. It is personal for him. With Wanda Maximoff dead, they know it is impossible to change what's been done here. So the only solution is to deal with it here in the now.

They aren't here to serve and protect, or any self-righteous cause like that. They are here to Avenge.

Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:18 pm

Wow. Great job man, I'd give you stars if they had them here. That sounds like a great plot and that would be one hell of a team. The rivalry between Magneto and Iron Man would be interesting and make for some good dialogue. :tup:

-Matt

Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:32 pm
Profile WWW

One would have:

She Hulk
Ms. Marvel
Wonder Man
Hawkeye
Living Lightning
Wasp
Tigra

And the other would be:
Captain America
Falcon
Daredevil
Echo
Scarlet Spider
Justice
Firebird

I also would want to rotate other Avengers and other heroes as guest stars, like Black Cat, Moon Knight, Ant Man, Hercules, etc.

Confundo Ergo Sum

Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:34 pm

Clearly, instead of Echo you meant Ronin! Such a great plotline to never mention again! :D

Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:12 pm
Profile WWW

Plus she's apparently in the new book and I don'tthink Taskmaster would work, so Taskmaster ripoff it is!

Confundo Ergo Sum

Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]