[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Star Wars Crap-ology.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 12:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Star Wars Crap-ology. 
Eats soap like a champ!

Post Star Wars Crap-ology.
Not to knock these movies because they are awesome.. but I'm just still a bit ticked at the crap George Lucas (or whoever is responsible) has thrown on the shelves for us to buy.

When it comes down to it.. they put lame stickers of outdated and unused artwork on four dvd's and put them in the cheesiest and cheapest packaging they could manufacture and market. Way to fucking turn the profit margin.

Now I can't demand that Star Wars fans be appeased their insatiable hunger with some awesome packaging because.. well. no.. I can demand it.. God damn it.. These movies made George Lucas a fucking millionaire.. and the least he could have done was make sure that when I buy the DVD's.. its something I could put on top of my fucking TV like an award.. something to be proud to own.

As it is now.. It will get buried in my cabinet with the other shittily packaged DVD's.. Very Disappointing... VERY.. Hell.. the LOTR movies just came out and they are already put in super awesome Collectors Edition cases..

Now it gets better.. and you'll see why I am so annoyed.. Saturday.. I put Episode 4 in.. oh boy.. I thought.. girlfriend isn't around... and I've got time to kill.. Time to watch Star Wars...

About 45 minutes later.. that relaxed feeling turned into utter disgust as the DVD refused to play past Princess Leia telling Grand Moff Tarkin how bad he smells.. And to top it off.. because I'm an idiot.. I had no receipt.. So I call Suncoast and the guy is real cool about it.. he says don't worry.. bring it in..

A few hours later.. when i get around to it.. I pay Suncoast a visit.. and he swaps the disc for me.. cuz he's a cool guy (as well as anyone in cd/dvd store should be.. corporate ripoff artists that they are)

He's even cool enough that he tells me if I have any further problems that I really need to tell LucasArts or whoever made the DVD.. because..

AND HERE'S THE KICKER..

Both Episode 4 and Episode 5 have had an unusually high amount of returns for shoddy dvd recordings that won't play on DVD players.

Damn. Time to express my disgust with the internet and hopefully, whoever made the DVD's.

Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:44 am
Profile E-mail
IC Champ

But they only remind me of you....

Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:24 pm
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:40 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
The Second Coming

Yeah I'm late with this but what the hell

Saw the old packaging and also thought that was pretty weak. There was like a paper flap at the top or something..it was stupid and unworthy. But I got the set and it came in new non crappy packaging and my shitty walmart dvd player plays through all the films, so I can't complain. Well excepts for about the sound...really loud then really quiet and the color was weird...like it'll be really dark for a few minutes and then go back to normal color. Its murder on my eyes I tells ya.

'Patriotism is supporting your country all the time...and your government when it deserves it.' ~Mark Twain

Save the planet. Kill a hippie.

Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]