[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Best Sing-a-long Albums.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 4:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Best Sing-a-long Albums. 
follows you home

Post Best Sing-a-long Albums.
(for the sake of argument, I lift the Ban on not talking to me in this thread.. But still buy Glen Phillip's Albulum)

So what six albums are your most guilty pleasure car ride by yourself sing a long? (6 disc cd changer)

Some albums are definitely across the board for everyone to croon along with..

Like,

Weezer - The Blue Album
There is NO way anyone here has not sung along to every single song on this album.. No way.. not that their other albums are slouches.. but this is the one that takes the cake and started this thread. Blame them.

Fountains of Wayne - Utopia Parkway
This may only apply if you live near NYC.. but still, three tracks into this thing and you know the words to every song.. its like magic..

Toad the Wet Sprocket - Fear AND Dulcinea
Torn between these two currently.. with Dulcinea in the lead only slightly. The lead singer of this band rules.. (oh wait.. he IS Glen Phillips)..

MxPx - Slowly going the way of the buffalo
Yeah.. this is to speed things up and keep me awake after trying to sing along to Toad's Reincarnation Song.. but for a "punk" band.. a lot of these songs have me "punking" out... I use quote marks because its "hip" and "cool"

Sugar Ray - anything after Floored
Go ahead and give me crap. Thats why this is at the bottom of my list. BUt its still fun to sing along to..

and Oasis gets the honorable mention for having songs you wish you knew the words to so you actually could sing along to them...

Anybody else?

Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:20 pm
Eat his Justice every Thursday

weezer- <i>Pinkerton</i>!

Much in the vein of the Blue Album, this one gets play and sing alongs.

The Band- <i>Greatest Hits</i>!

More like Oasis, but at least you know the choruses and you will belt them out!

Ben Kweller- <i>Sha Sha</i> and <i>On My Way</i>!

Fun, somewhat goofy songs=great to sing to. Catchy too!

And of course...the best sing along CD EVER, in the history of CD's, records, cassettes, and phonorecordings (eight tracks don't count)-

TENACIOUS D!

Put a record on and smile, eh.

But Jaber said he kept one secret from his captors, fearing the treatment could get worse. "I mean I like rap, just imagine them playing jazz."

Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:00 am
Profile WWW
follows you home

but..

there does exist a band that is more catchy then Weezer.. more tongue in cheek we don't care then Sugar Ray.. and sillier then anything you can imagine..

If you guessed it.. I'm talking about The Presidents of the United States of America..

I don't know how i forgot them..

Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:12 am

That's in my center console. As for catchier than weezer...well, the Green Album is like, one of the two most perfect pop albums ever man...

But Jaber said he kept one secret from his captors, fearing the treatment could get worse. "I mean I like rap, just imagine them playing jazz."

Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:01 am
Profile WWW
Paranoid Limey Stud

SAVE YOUR LIFE!

Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:45 am

Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:11 pm
Profile WWW
Mid Carder

Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:50 pm

Not the understanding, but remembering. Harder for certain songs than for other ones.

Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:38 pm
Profile WWW
Under Carder

Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:21 pm
follows you home

Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:32 pm

Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:30 pm
Profile WWW
Under Carder

Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]