[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - End of the Matrix
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 End of the Matrix 
Too much time on my hands

Post End of the Matrix
I boycotted the second cause I didn't like the first, and I'm really not gonna see the third. Most reviews that I've read trashed it.

So who has seen it, and what did you think?

*spoilers may happen?*

Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:31 pm
Profile E-mail
ECF Icon

1-Time ECF Transcontinental Champion

Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:15 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ YIM WWW

Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:46 pm
Profile E-mail
ECF Icon

Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:51 pm
Whooping like it's 1899

- , as quoted by the Saturday Evening Post (1854)

Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:30 pm
Check your blind spot

I will concede this...the dialogue seemed contrived and wasn't delivered well in many places.

The Zion fight scene was...well...after a while, I didn't care.

I wanted more in-Matrix stuff and less cheesy stiff acting.

And the ending left it all hanging more than it actually ended. Which I suppose wasn't bad. It just could've been better and could've included f'n Morpheus because he was the guy who believed to begin with. It could've been like this:

Always Pissed Off General Guy: "Damn...you were right and we're stupid. I'll buy you a donut."

Morpheus: "Yes...indeed, he was the one. I showed him the door and he walked through it. He didn't just think...he KNEW. He freed his mind. He began to believe. He was told what he needed to hear. I am wise." (Does "bring it on" motion with his hand)

Or something.

Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:35 pm
Profile E-mail
No more forum moves!

There was a lot of repetition. The new Oracle thing sucked. But the battle at Zion was simply fucking amazing. The smith fight had some killer effects, and I think the ending could have been done better but oh well. I still really liked it.

Almighty Creater (and rescuer) of this forum
RIP Majestic...

Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:29 pm

Fri Nov 07, 2003 6:56 pm
Profile E-mail
ECF Icon

Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:02 pm
Check your blind spot

I think an online reviewer finally named what I didn't like about the sequels.

He said that the two Matrix sequels aren't about the Matrix. They're about Zion. They shift from saving humanity from the Matrix to saving Zion from the machine attack.

So when we get to the end of the third movie and the oracle and architect have this little throwaway conversation about what'll happen to the people stuck in the Matrix ("They'll be freed." "Do I have your word?" "What am I, human?"), that can truly be said to be where I fully realize why I'm disappointed.

Truthfully, I didn't care about Zion. That was kind of a side point to the larger one in the first movie, anyway. I'd take a Matrix fight scene over silly-looking robot things with machine guns a la the Terminator any day.

The cool question about what the Matrix is, is what carried the first movie and has sparked many half-drunken pseudo-philosophical conversations the world over.

The second and third have conversations that start like one of the following:

"So...what was the point of the French guy again?"
"What the hell was the architect blabbering about?"
"Dude....that scene on the highway was sweet."
"What the hell, man? Neo died!"
"Trinity is hot."
"Nuh-uh. That black chick is hotter."
"Whatever. When's the third Lord of the Rings coming out?"

Sat Nov 08, 2003 6:55 pm
Profile E-mail
In the Spotlight

Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Rikishi's Thong

THE MATRIX AND ALL ITS LITTLE TORRID OFFSPRING SUCKS AND IT NEEDS TO GO TO FUCKING RIDICULOUSLY BAD MOVIE HELL.
Thank you.

Fri Nov 28, 2003 7:03 am
Eats soap like a champ!

ain't gonna see the third one... i'll just buy all three on DVD when they come out and watch 'em all together.

I liked the first. and I was thoroughly entertained by the second one. I'ma guy. If shit blows up and stuff flies around the screen real fast.. I'll be thoroughly impressed.

The first Matrix did not change my life. I think the problem is that SO many people were looking for some super duper deep message in the second and third movies because they saw one in the first.. (its debatable whether or not there really is one in the first anyway)..

but when you look at it.. These movies were NEVER intended.. but hell.. the cash was just begging for them to be made.. so they were.. as action movies..

I say.. EMBRACE YOUR INNER "GUY" AND SIT BACK AND WATCH SHIT BLOW UP!!!!!

Mon Dec 01, 2003 1:08 am
Profile E-mail
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

Yeah, the Christ stuff in #3 was too overboard.

And these are not deep movies. They boil down to:
"WHAT IF THIS IS ALL A DREAM!?!" + The Bible = Matrix Trilogy

Not deep, not life-changing, not all that interesting, definitely not original.

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Mon Dec 01, 2003 1:59 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Eats soap like a champ!

Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:30 am
Profile E-mail
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:33 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Eats soap like a champ!

thats also why Die Hard is like one the greatest movies ever..

ya know..

cuz shit blows up and stuff..

and people get shot in the nards..

I said nards!

"Wolfman got Nards!"

Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:53 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]