[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - My XBox is about ta go out da winder!!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 My XBox is about ta go out da winder!! 
Radioactive

Post My XBox is about ta go out da winder!!
Anyone have an older XBox?

I got mine when they first hit the streets an latley I can't make it through a round of Tiger Woods 2004. No its not the game, the game is brand new and there isnt a greasy finger print on it anywhere.

The problem is that I get the message of...

"There's a problem with the disc you're using. It may be dirty or damaged."

Niether is the case so I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue out there. I checked some XBox sites and it seems to be pretty comon.

Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:32 am
Angry Young Man

Well the only way to be sure its not the disc is if you get another copy of it. If it craps out in the same spot then yes its your xbox. Just because a game is brand new don't mean it can't be undamaged. Not all damage can be seen by the naked eye.

Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:38 am
Profile E-mail YIM WWW
Radioactive

True that, but its not the only disc thats doing it. Also it doesn't only happen at a certain spot on the disc, it's very random.

Plus they pretty much all are doing this. I have some that wont even be recognized at all...

Hunk O Shizzz!

Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:56 am
Angry Young Man

My friends xbox does that when you play it too much. But other then that i've never had that problem with mine but i got mine a few months after they first came out. The only difference that i know of between the first line and then the ones that followed were that the first line of xbox had a 10 gig harddrive and then the rest that followed had only 8gigs.

Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:59 am
Profile E-mail YIM WWW
The 80's ICON!

Yeah I had the same problem playing Morrowind.

Your X-Box is fucked. Either a faulty driver (check the code & contact Microsoft) which they'll sometimes replace for free if it was a recalled unit code. If its just a broken drive they'll fix it for $100, and give you a 6 month warranty.

It may also be fried from being dirty. Try cleaning it, DVD cleaner & a vaccuum to the air vents.

Mine was broke do to a dirty driver that I couldn't get clean making me have to be a new unit.

Best ways to keep your X-Box healthy is to keep of carpets, carpet equal bad. Keep off floors. Keep on solid flat surface.

Do not block it into a closed area/against a wall the vent needs room to run.

As Riot: 1 time tag team champ with Double B

Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:03 am
Profile E-mail
Angry Young Man

Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:23 am
Profile E-mail YIM WWW
The 80's ICON!

As Riot: 1 time tag team champ with Double B

Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:30 am
Profile E-mail
Angry Young Man

A tad bit oversized for a bookend perhaps? Maybe not. Should get yourself a system link and have friends over for mass multiplayer since you have 2 xboxes. its not likely to crash on everygame.

Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:46 am
Profile E-mail YIM WWW
Radioactive

You know you can run Linux on that hunk of crap you now call a book end?

You can also turn it into a Media Center. You can also replace the CD Rom which is the source of all the problems. Only catch I think is you have to get the same brand CD-Rom that is in there now. Plus you'll need a mod chip if you want to go the Media Center route :-?

I think I will turn mine into the media center once I get the new one. I can't see paying 100 to fix it when a new one is $179 at Best Buy with a game and a controler...

Plus I'm sure I can find a deal else where...

Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]