[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - ROTK Thoughts. No spoilers in my original post
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 ROTK Thoughts. No spoilers in my original post 
Too much time on my hands

Post ROTK Thoughts. No spoilers in my original post
First of all, the previews SUCKED!!!!

over the years at the midnight shows we saw like Star Wars EP II, Blade II, Matrix 2....the only half assed decent preview was Spiderman 2 this time, all the others were really dumb and teaser stuff.

To the movie

3 and a half hour long movie. started at midnight...got home well after 4. First time I have not regretted unemployment.

Anywho. Being very general, if you've seen the first two, you should see the third for closure. As a stand alone movie, it wasn't overly great. It was good, not overly great.

The build up drama/cinematography really slowed the movie down which made me think of the Simpson's Poochie the dog episode and I was Milhouse saying "When are they going to get to the fireworks factory." only my fireworks factory was the great battle you know is going to take place.

The visual effects were top notch. Especially interactive stuff like hobbits standing next to humans Fire was a great effect and a water scene with a character's reflection was really really slick. Sometimes you can tell someone was infront of a green screen but you just gotta plow through.

comic relief I thought was a little forced, but people laughed. :-?

there's a scene where I thought I was watching Empire Strikes Back for a second. You should know when, when you see it, if not, ask me in PM.

Not enough Gimli :evil: :bang: PJackson

So again, go see the movie regardless cause it's a great story. The Two Towers was always my favorite book, and is my favorite movie of the three so you can take my review in stride with that.

Feel free to ask any questions. I'll reply by PM or with a spoiler warning.

-Verbal

Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:17 pm
Profile E-mail
Eat his Justice every Thursday

Put a record on and smile, eh.

But Jaber said he kept one secret from his captors, fearing the treatment could get worse. "I mean I like rap, just imagine them playing jazz."

Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:44 pm
Profile WWW
Angry Young Man

Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:01 pm
Profile E-mail YIM WWW
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:50 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Under Carder

Is Lord of the Rings the one that takes place in a galaxy far, far away and has all those jedis and shit?

Cause episode I was the BOMB!

Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:07 am
Profile WWW
follows you home

no offense to Christopher Lee.. but his absence in this movie did not hurt at all IMHO... sure he should be in it... but I'm not bummed.. especially when his scene will be added in the extended version..

I'd have to reread the books to make any kind of comment on whether or not I felt it was super-accurate.. but heck.. it seemed great to me.. the only thing I did feel was that it was a a big cut-and-paste of "the big scenes"...

just saying.. since this was the one movie that before going into it.. I knew like 6 or 7 different scenes from the books that just HAD to be in it, whereas the other two seemed like Jackson had more opportunity to expand a little..

but none of this should detract from ANYONE seeing these movies.. or reading the books.. hot damn.. get your ass off the internet and go see it!!!

P.S. And I'm glad Sloth has finally gotten back into acting.. It's been a long time since Goonies.. and I'm glad he's finally been able to expand his resume.. I hear there's a scene in the DVD where he crashes into some hut and we see Chunk.. and its such a tearjerker.. as Sauron makes him stab his bestfriend through the heart.. and Chunk dies on his blade.. uttering "baby.. ruth?" one last time..

Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]