[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Let it be - Naked
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Let it be - Naked 
Come Kill Yourself

Post Let it be - Naked
Anybody else picked this up?

For anyone not in the know, Paul McCartney apparently never liked what Phil Spector did to the album, and it's always been his least favourite Beatles album. So he commisioned a remastered version without the 'Wall of sound' that Spector added.

Heard about it on the radio so I picked it this week and I like it very much. Stripped down to the basics it reminds me more of Abbey Road, which in my opinion is a very good thing.

CKY - 3 x Trans-Continental Champion!

Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:32 pm
God to Millions of Morgies

I heard a couple of the tracks on virgin and I have to admit they are top versions. I may very well pick this up

Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:50 pm

Definitely..this got covered in a recent Moose/Yak (but you say it music) and I believe one Mr Diamond has words to speak about this album as well..

Confundo Ergo Sum

Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:20 pm
Eat his Justice every Thursday

Heh. I've been on about it in one or two of my columns. Great stuff, but it's not just Paul, no one really liked that album. The two big bones of contention were "Long and Winding Road" and "Across the Universe", where Paul didn't like what Spector did to his and Lennon crticized the final take of his song as well. Both are excellent here, and going back and listening to the original "Across the Universe" makes all kinds of cheese stand out, like the horrible chorusy echo and the undercurrent of overproduction.

Also rockin' are "Two of Us" featuring damn solid vocal harmonies, and "Dig a Pony." The tracks are arranged in a different order that seems to build to the concluding "Let it Be" nicely.

And it was commisioned before George Harrison passed, I believe. Highly reccomended.

Put a record on and smile, eh.

But Jaber said he kept one secret from his captors, fearing the treatment could get worse. "I mean I like rap, just imagine them playing jazz."

Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
IC Champ

I'd be interested to hear "Across The Universe".

The original version is my favourite Beatles tune ever.....

Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]