[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - So...is that really it for this place?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 So...is that really it for this place? 
Too much time on my hands

Post Re: So...is that really it for this place?
What's with e-feds these days? The one I've been going to for the past year is dying too.

-Updated on July 29th, 2008

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com -My favorite smart wrestling site.

CM Punk: Your WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:28 pm
Profile YIM
World Champ

They're going the same way as decent tv; no one wants to make something decent and long lasting. It's all about the immediate hit, the status update, the latest thing. No one has an attention span. There's no benefits to being creative.

And, I dunno, is wrestling not as popular?

R.I.P Wild Pegasus and Black Tiger II

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." DOUGLAS ADAMS (1952-2001)

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:13 pm
Profile E-mail
In the Spotlight

In my experience, the fact that 411Fed/ECF/TCW lasted so long is amazing. When I started up feds would last like three months.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:40 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

We rock(ed).

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:25 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Too much time on my hands

Now EPW is dead. WTF!

Well, it's more on hiatus than anything, but that was caused by a sudden drop in creative availability.

But yes, it doesn't help that wrestling isn't 'cool' anymore.

I'm wondering if there's any way we can revive this place, even if we have to piggyback off another site again...

-Updated on July 29th, 2008

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com -My favorite smart wrestling site.

CM Punk: Your WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!

Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:40 pm
Profile YIM
Linda McMahon

I'll write if you write...

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:32 am
Profile E-mail

Hmm...

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:21 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Prophet of Mulism

It's a number of things I think...

Wrestling isn't popular anymore, I don't bother with it. It's like they've run out of original ideas and if they aren't pumping out something good, people won't watch so you don't have an internet audience out there to drive fed growth.

Message boards like this are pretty much played out as a way to interact.

I hate to sound old but successive generations just don't write as much and don't learn how to write in a way.

Evans is right, most online clubs, groups ect. don't last as long as ECF/TCW did our growth and survival was predicated on having a few hardcore, long term good people and a constant flood of new blood in to keep the momentum. Once wrestling faded and the internet evolved this medium struggles.

I've not given it a lot of thought but a FB page, maybe private, should be used at this point. I'm not big about FB but I'm sure fedding could be transplanted there and be successful. A webpage can still exist for biographies and other needed information but a message board just doesn't draw people now.

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. - Thomas Jefferson

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:51 pm
Profile YIM

You're 100% right about all of that.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:40 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Under Carder

Wow. I was reminiscing about how I used to feud on here, so I googled my ID and it brought this website up. I haven't visited this board in ages. Brought back memories of creativity, of fun, etc. I haven't been a big net user in the past few years. Don't get me wrong, I watch netflix and look up online news stories, but I haven't been "into" it for awhile. It really is sad to see that the e-fed is dead. Also found out a while back that 411 shut down their forums and locked any/all access to their forums. For all I know they purged the whole damn thing. Has message boarding gone extinct? I dunno but it certainly isn't booming for wrestling.

All people care about as far as interactive web media is facebook it seems like. Either way, I just thought I'd say hi. :bone:

Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:13 am
Linda McMahon

Yeah, 411 went kaput a couple of years ago now. It was "undergoing maintenance" for a few weeks, and then the forums just got switched off. End of story.

Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:05 pm
Profile E-mail

We're at least still popular enough for some jag to scan for some vulnerability on our web host and screw things up so that I had to update the forum software and reinstall the styles, which is why things look a little different. And of course updating was not anything close to a smooth process.

:cuss:

If anything is broken, let me know: lance at lancecore dot com

Tue May 01, 2012 7:39 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World Champ

Ergh, either the reply button doesn't show on my phone, or I've forgotten how to post. I don't think anyone is interested about making anything permenant, why put energy into anything when you can be entertained on demand by a hamster playing piano on YouTube? Thommy and I were talking last night, and if Twitter had been more mainstream maybe we could have used that to announce shows and stuff. my brother recently found us because Thommy put a link up and seems to be enjoying reading posts.

R.I.P Wild Pegasus and Black Tiger II

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." DOUGLAS ADAMS (1952-2001)

Sat May 05, 2012 11:44 am
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Hey, Lance, if you're around, can you do some admin shit and let Magnus back onto the forum? He's been locked out and he can't register a new account because they all require approval.

Oh, and answer my Facebook friend request, asshole! :cuss:

EDIT: Fixed it myself! Story of my fucking life...

Tue May 15, 2012 7:46 pm
Profile E-mail
in a cardboard box

Yes, Thommy Brilliance is the story of your life! (No sarcasm at all, I'm that thankful to be able to post here again)

Updated on January 7th 2007.
"HISTORY, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools"
- Ambrose Birce, The Devil's Dictionary

Tue May 15, 2012 8:06 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ

Thu May 17, 2012 4:49 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Linda McMahon

Haha - some other Lance Boer has a request from me then! I was pretty sure it was you though...

Thu May 17, 2012 5:38 pm
Profile E-mail

https://www.facebook.com/lancecore is me.

Thu May 17, 2012 6:11 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Linda McMahon

Yep, that's who I sent the request to! BE MY FRIEND, FUCKFACE.

Thu May 17, 2012 6:18 pm
Profile E-mail

Try again! It's not there!

Thu May 17, 2012 6:25 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2