[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Asking for advice on...fat burning. <.<
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Asking for advice on...fat burning. <.< 
Too much time on my hands

Post Asking for advice on...fat burning. <.<
Yeah, this is a little embarrassing, but I need to lose belly fat. I have a lot of it.

What's the best way to do this? I know what foods I need to avoid, but it's the exercise part that I don't know about...I don't know what would do this the fastest. Assume I have no gym membership or equipment. I want to be able to do this on my own at home with household items.

What can I do? How should I be exercising? I can't find any consistent answer on the web.

-Updated on July 29th, 2008

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com -My favorite smart wrestling site.

CM Punk: Your WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!

Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:06 am
Profile YIM
Linda McMahon

Post Re: Asking for advice on...fat burning. <.<
Running. Swimming. Do more exercise and eat less. T'ain't rocket science.

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:08 am
Profile E-mail
World Champ

Hope these help.

The only other thing I can suggest is don't go mental with it, little and often (eg 10 minutes a day) will do more good than one massive session.

And if you really want to be told how fat you are, you can ask Ego on 411 for advice, because we know he is the god of all things healthy and the perfect specimen of human perfection.

R.I.P Wild Pegasus and Black Tiger II

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." DOUGLAS ADAMS (1952-2001)

Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:10 am
Profile E-mail
in a cardboard box

If you, like me have this big belly thing the best way to start is quite simple.

Eat less and take at least a 30 minute long walk EVERY day. This is probably the ebst and simplest way to start losing weight. I've been doing this for about 4 months now and the results are encouraging.

The reason I suggest walks is that it puts less stress on your knees and joints. When you ahve lost enough to feel lighter you can go on to more complex exercises and maybe even a gym.

Just remembered. Swimming is great too, low impact on the joints and still burns fat.

Updated on January 7th 2007.
"HISTORY, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools"
- Ambrose Birce, The Devil's Dictionary

Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:44 am
Profile E-mail ICQ

Another thing that helps quite a bit is to drink plenty of water. If you don't hydrate yourself regularly, your body will hold water because it's not sure when it will get more. If you drink water regularly, your body will get comfortable with the supply, and stop retaining as much water.

Do not drink soda. Cutting that out tends to give a big improvement, because you're pretty much just drinking sugar.

Try to eat five small meals a day, rather than three big ones. It will increase your metabolism.

Like others have said, try walking first, or riding a bike. You want to do cardio, not weight training, in order to get the best calorie burn.

Also, do not weigh yourself every day. Once a month should be fine. Weight loss isn't quick, and weighing yourself often will be discouraging.

Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:36 pm
World Champ

I wouldn't bother with a weigh in at all, look at in inches, like a top feeling baggier or something.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." DOUGLAS ADAMS (1952-2001)

Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:46 pm
Profile E-mail

My advice be it eating or exercise is figure out something that isn't drastically life changing. I've seen people work hard to reach that goal and then all of a sudden go back to their old habits. They'll stop going to the gym, stop walking, stop writing down what they ate and there ya go...it is all gained back.

So remember that once you've reached your goal, keep doing what you did to get there and don't just give up.

good luck

Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:08 pm
Profile E-mail
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

Yeah, make sure whatever you end up doing is something you can keep doing after you lose the weight.

Also I will say I agree with Freya about looking at inches, not the scale, but the scale is good to check every so often just because it's another way to track progress. Like, if you're not noticing that anything looks different, you can at least check your weight and see if there's a change there so you don't get discouraged.

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:03 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World Champ

Not just that, as you do more exercise your going to build some muscle and that will weigh more than the fat your losing, so it may look like your not losing where in fact you are.

Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:11 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]