[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - The November Boredom Thread is up for election
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:00 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 The November Boredom Thread is up for election 
Linda McMahon

Post Re: The November Boredom Thread is up for election
One of the light bulbs in my front room just exploded! I can't even get the thing out to replace it: I think it's gotten fused into the socket or something.

Jesus, I have the worst fucking luck with light bulbs. The rate of attrition is abnormally high in any house I live in - I can barely turn a light on without it breaking and knocking out every other light in the house or something. I once even accidentally smashed one with a hammer. Still, spontaneous explosion is a new one.

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:31 pm
Profile E-mail
Too much time on my hands

Tried the potato extraction method?

Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:43 pm
Linda McMahon

I don't think I have a potato, but tell me what it is anyway in case I get desperate.

Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:49 pm
Profile E-mail

with the power off, you push a cut potato into the broken glass of the bulb and twist.

Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:19 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Ah, it didn't actually leave any broken glass. "Explode" might have been a bit of a misnomer - there was a massive pop and the bulb came out of the metal bit that goes in the socket. It was whole, but blackened. What I can't get out of the thing is the metal part, but the potato method would probably work for that too, I guess. I have no idea why it won't come out though: I got a good grip on it and it just wouldn't come free. So either the explosion fused it in, or I somehow put it in wrong to start with and maybe that caused the explosion.

Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:28 pm
Profile E-mail

Someone wanna do my Systems A&D project for me?

Seriously, I'm willing to pony up cash.

-Updated on July 29th, 2008

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com -My favorite smart wrestling site.

CM Punk: Your WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!

Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:54 pm
Profile YIM
IC Champ

If i knew waht A & D stood for, i would consider it

Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:56 pm
Profile E-mail

Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:17 am
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:52 pm
Profile E-mail
European Champ

What a horrible birthday present.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:05 pm

Best friends!

Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:21 pm

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Next you're going to tell me that there are dogs and cats living together.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:04 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Victory! I got a job for real!

From now on (or at least the next month or so) you'll be jobbing to a ward clerk.

Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:03 pm
Profile E-mail

Arrogant punk :P

-Updated on July 29th, 2008

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com -My favorite smart wrestling site.

CM Punk: Your WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!

Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:33 pm
Profile YIM
Linda McMahon

Arrogant punk with a job.

Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:44 pm
Profile E-mail
World Champ

Hey, Magnus, I've got snow! :D

R.I.P Wild Pegasus and Black Tiger II

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." DOUGLAS ADAMS (1952-2001)

Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:39 am
Profile E-mail

Those of you in the US, don't forget to get your free Dr. Pepper coupon today! Courtesy of Axl Rose for actually releasing Chinese Democracy this year.

Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:24 pm
Linda McMahon

It turns out the ward I'm going to be clerking in is a children's ward. Man, what kind of two-bit operation lets a repulsive deviant like me work with kids?

Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:24 pm
Profile E-mail
in a cardboard box

Updated on January 7th 2007.
"HISTORY, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools"
- Ambrose Birce, The Devil's Dictionary

Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:12 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ
IC Champ

Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:22 pm
Profile E-mail
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next