[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - People are strange or Strange tales from the workplace
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 People are strange or Strange tales from the workplace 
in a cardboard box

Post People are strange or Strange tales from the workplace
As a few of you know I work at a DIY store with a customer mix of 50% builders/professionals and 50% clueless hacks...sorry ordinary people.

I have a long line of strange tales but what6 happened today takes the biscuit:

Every weekday we are open from 7AM to 6 PM, and between 4PM and 6PM my department is run by a single person, this week I have drawn the short straw and I get to waste my time for 2 ho0urs a day.

Anyway, we sell all kinds of building material, but the important product today was concrete, we sell concrete in 25 Kg bags (roughly 55.16 Pounds), normally Joe Average buys between 1 and 10 bags as that is just about what a normal car can handle, today however I ran into a guy wh wanted more...a fair bit more to be exact. I walked up to him and asked him how many bags he wanted with the intentin to help him, he replies:

"Oh, I want 55 bags."

I look at his car, a normal car by all means, nothing rough or heavy about it and reply meekly "In that car?!"

"Yes." He replies and continues with "That works, doesn't it?"

"No." I reply.

"What?" he says.

"If you're lucky enough to even get the car to move and get out of here, the second you run into the cops tghey'll stop you and taje your license from you."

Then the moron asks.

"Are you sure? I don't have a long drive home?"

"I don't think that matters, but where do you live?"

"Mölle" he replies, the name doesn't mean anything to you but Mölle lies about 15-20 minutes away from our store by car...and with 3141 pounds in his car that would probably have taken the rest of his life!

So he only loads 25 bags...whichs till is a shit load more then his car is supposed to load and drives off in a huff.

I save his car, his License, a shit load in fines and his acts as if I pissed in his corn flakes!

People are fucking weird.

Updated on January 7th 2007.
"HISTORY, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools"
- Ambrose Birce, The Devil's Dictionary

Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:34 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ
Linda McMahon

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:58 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]