[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Anal bum cover
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Anal bum cover 
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

Post Anal bum cover
This is apparently all over the internets, so let's do it up here too!

Remember, you can use www.twistedexperience.com/gallery to upload any pictures.

INSTRUCTIONS:

The first article title on the page is the name of your band. You can remove bits in brackets - eg. "(Seinfeld epsode)" - if you like, or you can leave them in.

The last four words of the very last quotation is the title of your album. You can use the last three or five words if it sounds better.

The third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover. If it won't let you save the pic (if this is the case, it will call the file "spaceball.gif"), press shift and print screen to take a screenshot, then paste it into the program.

4. Use your graphics program of choice to throw them together, and post the result. You can get fonts from if you choose.

5. Write a blurb about your album's musical content (optional).

RULES:

1. No partial re-rolling, eg: you don't like your album cover then you have to get a new band name and album title too. You can fully re-roll as much as you like.
1a. Exceptions: when you have randomly selected the title of an existing band, or a band name/album title/image that someone else has used.

2. You can crop your picture to fit CD dimensions and resize it in either direction 'till it's the right size, but don't drastically change the base image. You can add a border or something outside the image if it's small or not square, in order to fit the album cover dimensions.

3. Feel free to break any of these rules, I suppose. It's not like anyone can tell. But that does kind of spoil the whole exercise. If you cheat, have the decency to tell us!

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:37 am
Profile E-mail WWW

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:10 am
Profile E-mail WWW
World Champ

R.I.P Wild Pegasus and Black Tiger II

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." DOUGLAS ADAMS (1952-2001)

Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:20 pm
Profile E-mail
World Champ

R.I.P Wild Pegasus and Black Tiger II

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." DOUGLAS ADAMS (1952-2001)

Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:21 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Shawbury? That's a town about ten miles from where I grew up.

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:29 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Critically acclaimed California pop-punk outfit Verona Airport return with their second album, the follow-up to the massive success of their debut effort "Invincible Summer". Eschewing their trademark bouncing rhythms and catchy hooks in favour of a more melodious, emotional sound, Verona Airport show that they can do more than produce anthemic pop music. This album shows a new side of the five-man ensemble who, unbelievably for a group with such incredible talent and raw intensity, aren't even out of high school.

Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:49 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

The debut album of Scottish indie-outfit Ulva consciously denies any and all conformity to the contemporary pop sound, by violently juxtaposing electro-snyth beats with the haunting voice of their lead singer, Neve Jensen. The result seems arhythmical and harsh upon first listen, but further exploration of the album as a whole reveals a heart-rending theme that echoes down the ages. Ulva may not sell many singles (especially as they aren't issuing any) but their entry into the musical canon of the 21st Century is surely assured with this album.

Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:16 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Mellitus are well known for their powerful metal-influenced rock sound, as the astonishing sales of their three previous studio albums attest. But now they go back to their roots - and their faith - as lead singer Dale Cross charts the spiritual journey of his youth. Mellitus say that this is the album they always wanted to make, but they wanted to establish themselves first so they could avoid the stigma of "Christian rock". The band's fans have been clamouring for more for over three years now, with only a live album to tide them over, but will they enjoy the new direction?

Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:22 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

British indie-combo human-animal-marriage burst onto the scene with their debut effort that combines catchy guitar riffs with a gritty depiction of life in modern Britain. The music press is flush with praise for the young Leicester band:

"The new Kooks" - Q

"Kind of like Hard-Fi" - NME

"Adequate guitar music" - Black Velvet

Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:39 pm
Profile E-mail
European Champ

No Place That Far : Pigs Treat Us As Equals.

California alt-Pop band No Place That Far's second offering is interesting, but ultimately disappointing. It will no doubt play to the college geek-chic crowd, full of 80's style synth keyboard and INXS inspired steely guitar which is neutered and placed bellow whimsical almost spoken word verses which are filled with apparently 'quirkily poetic' non-sequiters. The choruses are of course catchy and cool, oozing that 'Fucking check me out I'm awesome and Luke Skywalker!' quality, but it is hard to get past the verses which are filled with inept attempts at social commentary only separated by the even more inane musings on how repetitive and unenjoyable everything that's supposed to be cool is, and how really, it's cool to think everything is pretty lame. Despite all this, it's a fun album, and one would not be judged harshly for having it lying around, it is not however, stunning, or intelligent. It gets bearable when they start talking about all they're really qualified to - dancing, girls and playing music. If this is your kind of music, buy it - but perhaps only after the slightly more interesting offering from Coconut Records.

Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:05 pm
European Champ

I really want to buy USS Solace - Wife Under a Pedestal, that band looks like it would rock.

Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:08 pm

I was particularly proud of that one and the Shawbury one.

And Thommy, I noticed it might be a familiar place for you, so I made sure to use it.

These are all pretty cool! I'm going to try to do some more later.

Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:14 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Linda McMahon

My parents used to live in Shawbury, actually.

Afficiandos of the Seattle electro scene will know Gareth Talhagha from his work with DJ Tony Stanz on his stand out album "I Can't Resist It": he was the vocalist responsible for all but two of the songs. Talhagha shows his musical chops though on this solo effort, where he performs as Morphia of Melitene. Don't be fooled though: this isn't an indie band, but Talhagha's musical vision made real with the aid of an eclectic collection of musicians from dozens of musical genres. The result is an electro-funk odyssey that's low on radio-friendly hits, but high on sheer artistic accomplishment. "Contend in Vain" is a tour de force, a genuine accomplishment that takes a style of music that has been very hard done by in his native United States and gives it enough European-style polish to perhaps finally transcend boundaries. "Contend in Vain" is like Chrysler producing the Ferrari F40, or The Beatles emerging in rural Idaho.

Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:32 pm
Profile E-mail
European Champ

I think I have may just hit the motherload.

Gene Strenicer : The Necessary May Spaek

'Facist leader Gene Strenicer's comedy album has been banned in Germany.' - AP

Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:35 pm
Linda McMahon

Sri Lankan born singer-songwriter Tavadi has been making waves already, thanks to the aggressive marketing campaign, which involved allowing every song on this, his debut album, to be used in commercials. We're already humming those hooks, which is a good thing for Tavadi, but perhaps the album's impact suffers as a result. We know the story already: every song is already part of the common musical lexicon and it's hard to hear tracks like "Teenagers Of Their Own" and "No Sentiment" without thinking of the new Audi or Eriksson mobile phones. The album oscillates between foot-tapping beats and mournful melodies, but we can't help thinking that we've heard it all before (literally and figuratively) - what does Tavadi have to offer but more of the same drab introspection that has seemed to define this entire decade when it comes to solo male singer-songwriters? In every sense of the phrase, there really is 'no reason to fear' this fairly pedestrian, and totally familiar, effort.

Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:12 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]