[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - The November Boredom Thread would like to see your costumes
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:53 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 The November Boredom Thread would like to see your costumes 
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:48 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Unintentionally Hilarious

Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:51 pm
Profile E-mail
Too much time on my hands

Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:42 pm
World Champ

And yes I know it's really late in the month, but I don't care about your false holiday :P

R.I.P Wild Pegasus and Black Tiger II

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." DOUGLAS ADAMS (1952-2001)

Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:44 pm
Profile E-mail

There is nothing false about stuffing yourself with a metric ton of food once a year young lady!

:x

Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:04 pm
Linda McMahon

We do that at Christmas though. In fact, we jam pretty much all our forms of celebration into one manic day. I think there's something to be said for spreading it out a little bit, which is why, in our family, Turkey Day will be Christmas Eve this year. It was partially my suggestion, inspired by Magnus who told me that that's how they do it in Sweden.

Is it weird that someone I've never met in real life has determined how my entire family celebrate Christmas? :-?

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:10 pm
Profile E-mail
in a cardboard box

Very weird...in fact I feel a tad bit "stalked" here...

Still you still do the Turkey thing that we don't do in Sweden, we do this Smorgasbord thing with too much food and a direct feeling of "Help me I'm dying here!" feeling afterwards.

Add beer and snaps* to that and you have a fairly neat holliday :)

*Snaps = small (and many) glasses filled with Vodka or specially brewed alcohol that reduces men to babies and tend to make me wake up after noon on Christmas day...

Updated on January 7th 2007.
"HISTORY, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools"
- Ambrose Birce, The Devil's Dictionary

Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:40 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ
Linda McMahon

It wasn't intentional! I just mentioned it last year. I was so impressed by the way you do it there that I suggested to my mother that it would be more civilised to spread it out over two days rather than cram all the eating and drinking and present-giving into 24 hours and she obviously latched onto the idea and that's what we're doing this time. I only realised a week or so ago that I could trace it back to you.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:43 pm
Profile E-mail
in a cardboard box

No need to be defensiva at all mate, I was just pulling your leg.

I mean would I insult a British ninja? :)

Updated on January 7th 2007.
"HISTORY, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools"
- Ambrose Birce, The Devil's Dictionary

Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:51 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ
IC Champ

No matter how late i go to bed christmas eve, i still can't sleep past 6 am on christmas morning. :D

Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:09 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Haha, I'm exactly the same. I'm 22 years old now, and I know perfectly well that the stuff I get for Christmas isn't going to change my life like awesome toys do when you're a kid, but I just cannot fucking sleep. This coming Christmas will be the first one I've actually spent with Emma, and she's dreading having to share a bed with me on Christmas Eve (which won't be helped by the fact that we'll be shoved into my tiny childhood bed thanks to having a house full of family).

Of course, inability to sleep is easily solved by alcohol, which is the usual situation for me in recent years. Possibly that's not an option for you, Sandman...

Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:13 pm
Profile E-mail

(technically sleeping in is 8am)

Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:14 pm
Profile E-mail
IC Champ

Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:35 pm
Profile E-mail
World Champ

I'm just glad I'm not home for once. The last few years we've had massive family Christmases, and it's an entire week where you feel like you're going to explode after dinner.

I will miss not opening presents until the evening though.

R.I.P Wild Pegasus and Black Tiger II

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." DOUGLAS ADAMS (1952-2001)

Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:15 am
Profile E-mail

Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:15 am

Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:46 pm
Biggest and Baddest of the Mamma Jammest

Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:42 pm

Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:36 am
Profile E-mail
Biggest and Baddest of the Mamma Jammest

Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:57 am

Confundo Ergo Sum

Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:39 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next