[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - I hate my neighbours.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 I hate my neighbours. 
Linda McMahon

Post I hate my neighbours.
So let me set the scene...

We live in a flat (apartment) surrounded, naturally enough, by other flats. Across the hall from us is a bigger flat that not only occupies the opposite side of the building, but also has two floors, so stretches above our little flat. The upshot is, there are noisy, noisy girl students living above us. They're second years I think, so 19-20 years old.

Anyway, last night, they come home at 2.30 in the morning, drunkenly screaming, which is annoying enough but, half an hour later, the boyfriend of the girl whose room is directly above our bedroom turns up, and he is pissed off. We couldn't quite tell about what, but it seemed like she danced with another guy or kissed another guy or something. Anyway, this boyfriend is really drunk and they have a screaming argument that culminates in him trashing her room.

Bizarre, right? It gets worse...

So he storms out after making a noise that sounds like he threw a bowling bowl around the room and then punches his fist through a second storey double-glazed window in our stairwell.

This is not a window in their flat, but one that looks out from the stairs going up the middle of the building. We actually get a call (our doorbell goes to a phone thing) from a guy on the street below who must have been lucky not to be sliced to pieces by the glass checking everything is okay and we just have no idea what's going on at this stage. From what we can tell, the girls in the flat tried to clean up the mess, but the guy then came back and they let him back in for some reason! He had another argument with his girlfriend, the crux of which seemed to be "I put my fist through a window for you" and then leaves again.

We phoned our landlord this morning and apparently the girls called the police and this psycho is getting fined for causing criminal damage, but Jesus...how drunk do you have to be to smash up someone else's room and then break a window with your fist?

It's not like we live in a ghetto or anything either - this is a nice building in a nice town. Fucking students.

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:15 pm
Profile E-mail
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

That would be ridiculous if it wasn't exactly what I'm used to when living in apartments!

It's not just students either. I had a couple in their 30s or so above me at one point, and they had screaming matches every other night it seemed. With their baby crying all night in the other room.

At one point, he had taken a bunch of her shit and thrown it off the fourth floor balcony, so the next morning, we found all kinds of clothes, some cables, and even a giant teddy bear hanging from the tree beside our balcony.

I do love that the girls let him back in after all of that though. Those are some smart-ass people!

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:05 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Too much time on my hands

Dude you should have made some popcorn while you were up

Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:14 pm
Profile E-mail

Confundo Ergo Sum

Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:30 am
Linda McMahon

Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:52 am
Profile E-mail

That's fucking strange. So if I get a bunch of roommates, we can just rent rooms and get a cheaper apartment/flat there?

Confundo Ergo Sum

Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:15 pm
Linda McMahon

No, the point is that five people can afford to pay more than two people and what they're paying for isn't a great as what we are, because they have to share it between five. There are certain rules about HMOs anyway; they're a legally recognised specific form of dwelling for students and stuff.

Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:19 pm
Profile E-mail
Too much time on my hands

Post Re: I hate my neighbours.

Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:35 pm
in a cardboard box

Post Re: I hate my neighbours.

Updated on January 7th 2007.
"HISTORY, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools"
- Ambrose Birce, The Devil's Dictionary

Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:54 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ
C-Evil-O

You knew I would do anything for you when I came back with your Burger King.

Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]