[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - So I gotta ask
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:49 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ] 
 So I gotta ask 
Biggest and Baddest of the Mamma Jammest

Post So I gotta ask
So if you went to a parent/ teacher night and knocked on the door, and the teacher hid from you because you were 30 min early (and I mean hid because they saw you) then opened the door 10 min later because they prolly heard their name mentioned in a convo outside the door, with the family of a former student, how would you feel?

Would you not want your kid in the class, because this individual is either spineless or could not be bothered to come to the door to tell you "Sorry not for 30 more minutes"?

Would you think that going to the principal to get the kid moved because you were now uneasy with the situation would now spark a school-wide group of hate mongering teachers, because they all talk, and are actually the Sopranos in the break room?

Just asking. Painfully specific, though, ain't it?

Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:04 pm
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:35 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Linda McMahon

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:02 pm
Profile E-mail
The Second Coming

My honest opinion? It's not up to the teacher to teach kids how to have tact, respect for other people and how not to be a pussy. I mean, it could've just been a social anxiety (I know, they teach and it's not necessarily something you can have when teaching) or they could just be a dick. They're just there to teach basic school stuff. If you ask me, if and when they can't control the classroom, it'll show and then it should be dealt with.

I mean you were talking with the parents of a former student, what did they have to say about this guy/girl?

'Patriotism is supporting your country all the time...and your government when it deserves it.' ~Mark Twain

Save the planet. Kill a hippie.

Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:46 pm
Too much time on my hands

have you already met said teacher before? Maybe they thought you were kind of intimidating and didn't know you were just early.

Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:25 pm
Profile E-mail

It was Mrs. Bam with the 3 kiddles, and it was their first meeting.

From what the missus says, she thinks the teacher hid because they were early.

The mother of the former student didn't SAY anything but gave my wife the "OMG" look and said that she was strict. Once this woman said the teacher's name was when she decided to show her mug.

I don't mind strict, but I'm feeling there was more there based on what my wife said.

I went to the principal, and told him that momma wasn't happy with what went on. (Teacher was a bitch in the classroom, and really fake after she let them come in.) I let him know that I was obviously weighing an enormous amount of who this person was based on this, and was far from comfortable. He assured me that after a week if we still felt this way, he'd transfer my son out.

I'm waiting if it doesn't change and he switches, is there going to be more issues, because we were "difficult".

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:17 pm

If the woman really IS a bitch, chances are, everyone at the school is aware of it, so they should already know who the difficult one really is.

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:09 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
The Second Coming

You know how staff sticks together on stuff like that though. I'd be doing the same thing honestly, looking to put them somewhere elses class. Here's hoping that he doesn't come under extra scrutiny because you complained.

I can't stand people who won't own up to their mistakes. If someone has to go and complain about your attitude or how you treat people, don't just brush it off, get in their and evaluate and consider that maybe you are just some bitch. Then fix it. Jesus Christ, take some responsibility.

I know I mentioned about how teachers are just supposed to teach and all that, but most of em can't even do that anymore. They just give them a sheet of paper that says they can. If I'm ever a parent, I'm seriously considering home school. (which can be just as bad, see the lady who comes into the library wanting censored MIDDLE AGES Shakespeare to teach her kids)

'Patriotism is supporting your country all the time...and your government when it deserves it.' ~Mark Twain

Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:54 pm
Linda McMahon

Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:59 pm
Profile E-mail
in a cardboard box

Updated on January 7th 2007.
"HISTORY, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools"
- Ambrose Birce, The Devil's Dictionary

Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:37 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ

Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:46 pm

Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:48 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Linda McMahon

Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:59 pm
Profile E-mail

Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:08 pm

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:01 am
The Second Coming

Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:50 am

Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:46 am
Profile E-mail WWW
The Second Coming

Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:25 am

Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:14 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 19 posts ]