[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - The August Boredom Thread will eat you and everyone you love
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:01 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 The August Boredom Thread will eat you and everyone you love 
The Second Coming

That Robot Chicken bit is the greatest piece of comedy ever

'And how are we gonna pay for it? You got an ATM on that torso Light Brite?'

'Patriotism is supporting your country all the time...and your government when it deserves it.' ~Mark Twain

Save the planet. Kill a hippie.

Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:03 pm
Biggest and Baddest of the Mamma Jammest

I don't believe the entire Star Wars special was as funny as this one clip.

Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:13 pm
The Second Coming

I've always wanted to be able to corrupt youth, but putting shit like this out on library shelves just makes me want to cry. This is related back to our discussion on 411 about reading and books...reading is reading, sure but this crap, this is like junk food. This comes from a series called 'Cliques' written for teenage girls, the book is called 'Invasion of the Boy Snatchers'

Claire Lyons: Claire got everything she wanted for Christmas but presents don't matter to her - all she really wants is her first kiss from Cam!

Kristen Gregory: A tragic haircut leaves Kristen looking like a boy. Will she be condemned to a season of wearing hats when, as everyone knows, hats are so over?

Dylan Marvil: Dylan gained six pounds over break and feels totally fat! Hopefully she'll burn it all off trying to catch a boyfriend at the Valentines Day Love Struck Dance!

Alicia Rivera: Alicia's cousin Nina is the hottest thing to come from Europe since Versce and Prada. But when the Clique ......

I can't take it anymore :bash:

I'm ok with girls being girls, but do we really have to teach them to be vindictive little brats who just care about appearance and clothes?

I'm ranting, sorry....

'Patriotism is supporting your country all the time...and your government when it deserves it.' ~Mark Twain

Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:19 pm
Linda McMahon

It's okay, this is TX. We may disagree about the details, but we can at least all agree that books are fun and that dumb books are not fun.

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:23 pm
Profile E-mail
The Second Coming

Dumb books indeed, are not fun. I think I'll stick with our pretentious English major book list 8)

Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:25 pm
Linda McMahon

Haha. It was a sightly weird debate for me, because I was also talking with Pengiun on msn at the same time and he was being very reasonable about the whole thing. I can see his argument - he has a thing about elitism and people acting pretentiously and I think a lot of people (particularly Americans - it seems to be another one of those cultural things) have a problem with people being 'too smart'.

Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:29 pm
Profile E-mail
The Second Coming

Haha, reasonable? He's so worked up in that thread! :D

I can see his point too, and you're probably right, myself, I don't want to appear to be dumber than others so it could be an America thing. Reading IS reading but it's like you were saying, its only to extent when you're reading something thats not stimulating your mind. See that example above. Thats like watching the Real World all day. Its just like how some tv is stimulating and 99% of it isn't.

Heh, don't mind me, its easier for me to go off in here, fewer people ;)

Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:40 pm
Linda McMahon

It shows you how message boards warp tone. He sounds argumentative in that thread, but in real time we were just joking about it like normal.

Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:43 pm
Profile E-mail
The Second Coming

I do hate that. Clearly, he needs to post with more smitties :moon:

Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:29 am

Also, I'm gonna go find a crack for that game, cuz I don't have enough shit to waste my time on anyway.

Confundo Ergo Sum

Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:48 am
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

This COMPLETELY redeems beauty pageants. COMPLETELY.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lj3iNxZ8Dww"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lj3iNxZ8Dww" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I love my new state!

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:23 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Linda McMahon

Hahahahaha. Holy fuck. Did she just turn a question about how Americans are ignorant of their own nation's location into a plea to help Iraq and South Africa?

A stumbling, barely coherent plea, I should add.

Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:27 pm
Profile E-mail
The Second Coming

Was reading about this on the WIMN blog...The winners question was something along the lines of 'Who do you prefer? Paris, Lindsey or Nicole?' Gooooo Miss Teen Colorado

What a waste of space.

Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:40 pm

She looked pissed off at that question, though, and started with "none."

North Carolina mentioned she had been "down there" to Canada.

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:41 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
The Second Coming

Haha...thank god for that, they never did say her answer

And I can understand not being able to find Canada...all tucked away down there :lol:

Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:42 pm
Linda McMahon

Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:44 pm
Profile E-mail

Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:48 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
The Second Coming

Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:49 pm
Too much time on my hands

Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:41 pm
Profile E-mail
Biggest and Baddest of the Mamma Jammest

Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:25 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next