View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 My University is run by a bunch of cunts 
The Second Coming

Post My University is run by a bunch of cunts
Spent my last semester in England, told all my professors that because I wanted to graduate, my transcripts needed to be in at UofI BEFORE the 19th of January. No problem. There's plenty of time, they said, between the 15th of December and then to get everything in. Don't worry about it.

My last grade came into the Lancaster office on the 16th. They couldn't send them until the 17th. This was after I emailed everyone at least 4 times a day and HOUNDED the shit out of them to get them off their asses, they hated me in Lancaster by the end of it....But they assurred me urgent mail. Not a good chance they'll get in on time, but they should be in at least by that Monday right? Now, I don't get to graduate until May. But hey, UofI will write a letter that says 'Yeah, she went to school here, but we're going to give her those two degrees until we feel like it.'

So after they sent them, I left everyone alone for a week. I emailed the UofI study abroad office 2 days ago, asking about them, but I've still not gotten an answer. These assholes never pick up the phone, never call you back, and take three weeks to answer an email. I'm really glad I didn't run into any trouble over seas because they were supposed to be the ones I should go to. So I called the Registrar: They haven't seen my transcripts. But they took a message so someone there will call me back! (They don't answer their phones either!)

Call the SA office twice more - leave two messages. Should be another 6-8 weeks. I can't believe the amount of unprofessionalism I've had to deal with. I did EVERY last thing they told me to do when it comes to my transcripts: sent email after email to my professors, kept in constant contact with everyone and let them all know from the beginning what my plans were...but they can't do their bit - all they have to do is mail a fucking piece of paper and then when it gets in, they just have to turn it into the registrar. How hard is that? What a fucking joke.

My step mom and my dad are taking care of her grandkid because her mom is a stupid bitch and only cares about herself and my step mom wants me to be her role model....wants her to go to college, all that stuff - and I want to tell her not to waste her time. All the money owed, all the bullshit with the staff - it's almost not worth it - I practically regret spending all that time, all that money, there. Christ sakes, I'm working at a library as some go between with the library and their primary tech guy (hahahaha) for 8.50 with no benefits. Yay education.

Though I'm sure I could do better if I had a fucking car and didn't have to walk to work. Walking wouldn't be a big deal if we didn't live in the middle of no where and this place had a damned transit system.

And my 3rd Skype phone broke last night :bash:

I really needed to rant....now I'm gonna go smash stuff....

'Patriotism is supporting your country all the time...and your government when it deserves it.' ~Mark Twain

Save the planet. Kill a hippie.

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:13 pm
Misses Sangre!

"Hold on and enjoy those days where you are in school, because afterwords its the real world, its work, and life and BLEHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

Ok maybe that was paraphrasing, but I hope you understood it. You'll make it alright, you always did and always will.

Either way, I wish you the best Clobbs.

Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]