[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Bomb 'Em, Debate 'Em, or Leave 'Em
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Bomb 'Em, Debate 'Em, or Leave 'Em 
Too much time on my hands

Post Bomb 'Em, Debate 'Em, or Leave 'Em

Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:03 pm
Profile WWW
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

Post Re: Bomb 'Em, Debate 'Em, or Leave 'Em

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:56 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
Linda McMahon

Ok, a preface before I start this: I'm answering this question on the assumption that I'm solving the world's problems single-handedly - that is, Thommy H for Emperor of Earth. If I was trying to bring the entire planet to heel, this is how I'd handle these particular nations:

United States: Bomb 'em. Americans won't understand anything but force and their strong fundamentalist Christian streak is not going to be impressed by my inclusive theology that will be the basis for my fledgling empire. Invasion is the only option.

China: I think the same goes for China, really. I think I have more chance of winning over the Chinese that I do the Americans in philosophical terms, but the fact that I'm a westerner is going to be a problem. No one wants to be ruled by someone of a different colour... Bomb 'em.

Iran: This depends whether I take out America first or not. Bomb 'em or debate 'em, I think.

Iraq: By the time of my rise to power, I expect Iraq to be a quagmire of religious factions battling over the scant resources that remain in their ruined cities. Leave 'em...30 years from now it won't be worth ruling...

Israel/Palestine: I'll be smashing some heads together here. Debate 'em - both at the same time. If nessecary, I'll force them to unite against the common enemy of my Empire. Teach everyone a lesson.

Zimbabwe: Haha...fuck Mugabe. That cunt is turning his country into a mediaeval theocracy so he can keep hold of power. I'll bomb him and then his people should be happy to join my prosperous new world order.

North Korea: See America.

Congo: See Iraq.

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:25 pm
Profile E-mail
I am bad. I am to blame.

WWWMDD?

Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:56 pm
Linda McMahon

That's what I mean - it depends what I do to America. If I've bombed America first they might be willing to listen to me, if not I'll have to resort to violence.

I don't want to bomb anyone (ok, maybe Mugabe) but America is too big and diverse to win over with words alone. I'd be forced to invade, where I might stand a chance of resolving things in Iran without resorting to that.

Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:59 pm
Profile E-mail
I am bad. I am to blame.

WWWMDD?

Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:13 pm

Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:19 pm
Profile WWW

is an interesting read on the issue. Not saying I agree or disagree with it; just that it raises some interesting points, and takes a view that isn't getting any notice.

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:23 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Also, as much "dithering" as there might be right now, this is an issue that should have been examined years ago, but also one that doesn't need an immediate and hasty response, as Iran is at least 10 years away from developing any sort of nuclear weapon (despite that the talking heads have gone from 10 years to 5 years to NOW!).

Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:25 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Linda McMahon

Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:07 am
Profile E-mail
Proud alumnus of F U

1x TCW Tag Team Champion (w/Shadow)

PD's current record 50-29-3 (I'm 56-36-4 overall)
EWI's 5th ranked wrestler for 2005, 2004, 2002 & 2001. Way to be consistent.

Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:08 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]