[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - BMW wins seat in Seneca Alleghany Hillside Poker Classic
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 7:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 BMW wins seat in Seneca Alleghany Hillside Poker Classic 
ECF Icon

Post BMW wins seat in Seneca Alleghany Hillside Poker Classic
I musta sat at the poker room all weekend, man, this weekend. Just kinda soaking it in...I made about 400 playing 3/6, which really isn't that good for the about 20 hours total I was there...but the best part came at the very end.

One guy on Sunday was dogging me all day. Just calling and calling and calling...I could not bluff this guy. Not like you really can at 3/6, but I digress. I sit out, and shake everyones hand...but the guy who was dogging me left anout 15 minutes earlier for a SNG satellite to the Seneca Hillside Poker Classic in Salamanca, NY on the 30th of January. I see him sitting, so I go over with what is left of that days chips...not much I might add...to shake his hand. Well, I get there, and the table ALL begins to hoot at me. Turns out they are short one person to play this Satellite. My guess is they saw me coming and the guy prolly started talking shit. Well...there are a couple of regulars sitting there, and the dealer, Don, was feeling my pain from earlier...so I said "OK", threw off my biker leather, and sat down, and foolishly threw 25 bucks down to play.

"You guys are fucked now. These sats are JUST like online...and I own your asses online."

That's a quote...the dealer laughs and I stare at my nemesis. I am wearing a PokerStars T shirt.

One loudmouth triples up early. He is talking smack all game. Basically...in these things with 10 minutes rounds, 600 checks to start, and blinds starting at 25/25....things progress pretty quick. Plus...the dealers speed it up...because they do it for free, pretty much. Well...man...I could not have played better. Seriously....I threw away the right hands...and went all in at the right times to put the pressure on...I called with the best of the races....when it got down to 3 players...I was 2nd, and a regular I know was short, and Loudmouth was leader because of his early moves. Well...he started talking serious smack. The regular whispers in my ear...

"Just be cool. He ain't winning."

...and he was right. I proceeded to get the best of him in 3 straight hands. I get a TON of chips up when I have J9s and the flop is 3J4. Regular had AJo(but only like 200 checks preflop), Loudmouth has J5s. The dealer is smiling his ass off. J9 holds up. Then....Loudmouth next hand bets 300. Regular drops...I go all in. I have A3s. Loudmouth drops. Dealer continues to smile. Next hand I have AQs Diamonds, Regular drops, and Loudmouth goes all in. I call, and he has J9s Diamonds! LOL....I pair my Ace, and he is out. Regular and I shake hands and go heads up. I win the first hand when he asks me...

"You want to All In here?"

...to which I answer...

"I don't think you should. I like ya, and you'll just be mad. No nobody catches this many good cards."

I had J2o. ;) He dumped.

The very next hand, I have KTo, and I push all in. He calls with KQ, and he pairs his Queen. Doubles up. This is the only pot I straight up lost the entire Satellite. Next hand...I have AKs. He pushes with A4s. I call, and it holds up. WINNER!!!!

The dealer confirms to me that the guy I was playing with all day WAS talking trash. This is why they all wanted me to play...I was the donkey he schooled all day. Little did they know. The dealer told me that he has dealt a couple dozen of these, including some for the WSOP sats they do...and I, according to him, was the most impressive in victory. No mistakes, and he said I was right....these Satellites are just like online. I tipped him 20 bucks....nobody else tipped a dime to the poor guy. Workin' for free....

Anyway...unlike the Niagara Falls one....I will NOT be selling this ticket, and I WILL be at Seneca Alleghany on the 30th to play in this tourney. Wish me luck....

:)

Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:47 pm
Profile WWW
Jesus Freak

Christianity preaches the unending value of what is apparently worthless, and the unending worthlessness of what is apparently so valuable.

myspace.com/goobjones- I'm eventually going to try to start writing about sports on here, try to build up a body of work. So...read it and comment when I finally do this.

Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:29 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]