View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Hollywood Poker Challenge...BMW outlasts Hollywood 
ECF Icon

Post Hollywood Poker Challenge...BMW outlasts Hollywood
Just got done playin' poker at www.hollywoodpoker.com. It's another skin of the same network as Pokerroom.com. I signed up with them 'cause I got some spam and filled it out. Basically...pre-signing up got you extra bonus' and stuff. I have made about 100 bucks there at the cash tables...its newer...and the way they marketed it...it doesn't seem like alot of experienced online players have found the place yet.

For signing up early and depositing...I got a ticket to this Freeroll that paid out like a real tournament, and the winner gets a seat at the World Poker Tour LA Poker Classic, at the Bike in LA. This site has been pretty good to me, I must admit. Easy games...the bonus' are good and easy enough to get, and this freeroll was pretty cool.

The hook of this place is that its sponsored by "Hollywood Celebrities"...you know the same people you see on Bravo for the Celebrity Poker Challenge. There were a few playing this evening...

James Woods...movie guy.

Vince Van Patten...he the World Poker Tour guy and was in Rock 'n' Roll High School.

Willie Garson...been in a bunch of movies, and on Sex in the City...look it up...LOL

Mimi Rogers...movie chick...been in Austin Powers...Lost in Space...some other stuff...

Dennis Quaid...you know this guy. Innerspace was a funny fuckin' movie man. Enemy Mine was pretty good, too...I don't care what you say. So was Great Balls of Fire.

John O'Hurley...J. muthafuckin Peterman, man.

Jeff Fahey...best thing I can think of that he's been in was Lawnmower Man, as Jobe.

Peter Facinelli...he's been in a bunch of stuff. Riding in Cars with Boys is prolly his biggest hit...if you can call it that.

Dawn Denoon. I have no idea who she is. Is she fucking James Woods?

Anyway...apparently...they played this evening...is saw them all on...and I am proud to say that I outlasted them all....BONG....470-ish players, and I finished 21st. The only "star" I played with directly was Willie Garson, and he layed a pretty big beat on me...I have KK in the hole, and flop comes A-K-rag, and I go all in on him. He calls with QJ...catches a Ten to get the straight on the river. For some reason the chat system was fucked up for me, but I saw him really freaking out over that hand in the chat room. He TOTALLY sucked out on me. Well...fuck him, cause I lasted longer...battled back and I stand to make anywhere from 50-100 bucks...dpeneding how many above me in the standing deposited money, which I did.

Anyway...story over. The point...I am better than Hollywood. :bmw:

Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:57 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]