[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Close-minded fucks.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Close-minded fucks. 
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

Post Close-minded fucks.
Seriously, what the hell is with some people...

"It's something different than what I'm used to... I HATE IT!"

And then they go and flaunt their ignorance... Maybe even think they're a bigger man because they just cannot agree that such a horrible thing like gays/transexuals/Muslims/women/etc should be accepted at all!

How horrible it is for people to be different!

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:03 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Biggest and Baddest of the Mamma Jammest

Dude, you have shiny new nipples, how the fuck do you expect people to react....

:o

Sat Dec 20, 2003 5:48 am
Mid Carder

Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:27 pm
Mid Carder

Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:49 pm
Mid Carder

Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:52 pm
Eat his Justice every Thursday

Put a record on and smile, eh.

But Jaber said he kept one secret from his captors, fearing the treatment could get worse. "I mean I like rap, just imagine them playing jazz."

Sat Dec 20, 2003 5:44 pm
Profile WWW

Confundo Ergo Sum

Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:37 pm
IC Champ

Sat Dec 20, 2003 10:01 pm
Profile E-mail

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Sat Dec 20, 2003 10:12 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Mid Carder

Humans are designed to fear that which they don't understand. Great for survival when you're food with no claws and not a lot of hairball aftertaste afterwards, not so good when you can wipe out everything that makes a bad first impression.

Fortunately, some of us are gifted with the ability to see the world through the eyes of others-so gifted, in fact, that we never stop to think about what the world must be like to those who can't.

Take Ego-he's a professional bodybuilder, so it's easy to dismiss him as "Hulk smash!" Trouble is, he's not that basic-he once congratualted me for a post attacking homophobes who used the bible to justify their hate.

Imagine the kind of gay people he's met. How many of them do you think tour the male body building circuit to discuss politics? These are the kinds of gay people gay people HATE. Seriously.

Yet he's usually willing to try to understand.

That's what pissed me off in the thread. He's better than that.

Odd Todd is the one whom I hate. He's the one that rephrased the argument as 'People who enjoy a good laugh" vs "Sick perverted freaks who use bad words and need to respect the feelings of others more"

Others proved him right. Creative control and the "I like to be surprised guy" made sure there was no way anyone was going to stick up for the underdog. They were probably afraid they were going to stick to the underdog.

Then the thread was locked.

They won.

The trouble is, I'm not so sure the 411 is represented by their opinions. Almost all the smart guys admit they generally stay away from the general forums, and the better writers have all admitted that if they wanted to prove their intellegence, 411 is the last place they'd do it.

Thus-the loud and the stupid have a voice that runs unopposed.

And a forum from which to preach.

Don't even get me started on the real world.

All I'll say is that I was surprised to find out that half of all Catholics support equal rights for everyone, gay, straight, or transgendered-and sickened to discover our president dosen't give a shit about that.

There's still hope-but Vince McMahon isn't the only evil CEO abusing the flag to spread a message of hate for a cheap pop.

Sun Dec 21, 2003 1:03 am

For my momentary sanity, I won't comment on the current US administration.

Re the forums:
411 is to TJ, TWTF and FT as Mike Shinoda is to Freddie Mercury, Robert Plant... you get what I mean.
Those wishing for mass appeal will always aim to appeal to the masses.

Sun Dec 21, 2003 1:43 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Mid Carder

For the sake of my sanity, please do. The prick is playing stupid, which would be smart, except that he's actually stupid. The end result isn't the subtle folksy charm Ben Franklin originated, it's a smirk attached to a series of accidents and wreckless attacks, by the awesome power of the vaccuum inside.

Forget cowboys, he's the tornado from Texas out to take us all to Oz, only his Oz looks like Kansas in that it's mostly flat and still filmed in shades of B/W-a worldview I find disturbing enough, if I actually believed he believed in what he was selling.

I just wish the rest of the world would forget that he was elected thanks to our failure to read our own ballots in a state run by his brother, and remember how much so many of us despise him.

Not that that will ever happen of course, so long as people keep arguing over what he does, as opposed to how many people could do it better...

And smart people let loud people define our reality.

Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:11 am

Since you asked... I will put together what I have to say, actually think it through, make sense of it, and post it in a new thread.
I'll start on it when I finish reading this headgame between a zombie and some guy who can't sleep :wink:

Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:20 am
Profile E-mail WWW
IC Champ

I can only speak for myself when I say that I wish I was more on top of things for that.

Regarding everything else that Loop has written in this thread since last I posted...

I agree.

Have a good night, everyone.

Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:52 am
Profile E-mail
IC Champ

Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:23 am
Mid Carder

I've pmed Ego about it on another board.

I've got no problems with him having problems thinking about having sex with a transgendered. Nature wired my mind the same way.

I do have problem with him calling them disgusting in a thread that only exists to mock them, and backing it up by being proud of being narrow minded on the subject.

Those are fighting words. I know lots of other people who would have done worse than what I did, if the subject had been about any other minority group.

Not defending what I did (calling him an ignorant fuck who needs to stop thinking about sex and find out the truth about people before he judges them)-but as a mod, with his rep, he should have known better than to encourage that kind of ignorance.

Sun Dec 21, 2003 6:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]